Interview with Jan Šleis, Solicitor and European Lawyer, new member of the AAP. This interview consists of answers to questions from the AAP member questionnaire.
1.Are you a sole practitioner?
I currently work with UEPA advokati in Czech Republic and Ashfords LLP in the UK.
2. Where are you located geographically?
Most of my clients come from the UK, France, BeNeLux, Germany and Russia/CIS. I am not restricted to a specific geographic region.
3. What four areas of law do you focus on?
- Real Estate (Resi/commercial developments acting for developers and land owners)
- Corporate/Commercial (M&As, JVs, general commercial)
4. How did you qualify to provide legal services in both Czech and English law?
I enjoy travelling and meeting people from various cultures and different backgrounds. As an CZ/English lawyer, I have the possibility to make use of this in providing bespoke service to broader range of clientele.
5. What kind of clients do you prefer to work with?
Every client and their matter are unique and interesting. I have no preference as to who I represent.
6.What is it that you love about practising law?
Every matter provides me with a new challenges, allowing me to grow on professional and individual level. I consider achieving positive results for my clients’ interests highly rewarding.