Interview with Michal Hájek, Solicitor and Advokát, new member of the AAP. This interview consists of answers to questions from the AAP member questionnaire.
1.Are you a sole practitioner?
I practice law as a partner of Global Legal Solutions, s.r.o.
2. Where are you located geographically?
I work mainly in Prague, but I also represent my clients in the courts of England and Wales.
3. What four areas of law do you focus on?
- Bussiness law
- Insolvency law
- European and international law
4. How did you qualify to provide legal services in both Czech and English law?
- In 2012, I became a lawyer in the Czech Republic.
In 2013, I successfully passed the Qualified Lawyer Transfer Test and became a solicitor in England and Wales.
- In 2017, I received Higher Rights of Audiance entitling me to represent clients at all court levels in England and Wales.
5. What kind of clients do you prefer to work with?
I prefer to work with clients from the business world who have a strategic and business view of their legal affairs.
6.What is it that you love about practising law?
What I enjoy the most about my job is inventing non-traditional solutions and strategies for the benefit of clients, often using more than one jurisdiction. In legal work, I enjoy the intellectual challenges that our field brings, as well as the constant need for self-development and improvement in all areas necessary for the successful performance of legal services.